Friday, November 12, 2010

Nothing Special - Thursday, November 11, 2010

It was a beautiful sunny day, but cool in the morning hours. The weather stats say the humidity is high, but we aren't feeling it yet very much. That's okay with us.

Everyone had to leave the office this morning, but me. Good thing there is one dependable worker around that can hold the office down. The Assistants were summoned to the mission home by the President to work on some matters, Rich had to get a check signed, and the office elders had a list of errands to do in the Capital area. So Elders Peterson and Paz dropped the three others off at the mission home. When Rich finished his task there, he return to San Fernando by train.

While they were gone, I worked on baptisms and organized some mail. Then I prepared my Book of Mormon order and continued cleaning up my computer. I am getting it in pretty good order now just keeping things on it that pertain to what I do.

Rich went to the bank to cash the check he had signed to replenish his caja chica. Every day so much money has been going out because of signing contracts for new apartments that it requires the President to sign checks daily. It becomes a big deal when he has to chase the President down to get his signature, because he is so busy and doesn't stay around home for very long.

Right at 5:00, Elder Lowry and our District Leader, Elder Hansen, were going to conduct baptism interviews for a mother and her son who are getting baptized tomorrow night. They needed an adult present because it was a child and a single woman., so they asked Elder Kroff to go with them. So he went went them and I came on home.

I cooked some milanesa that I had in the freezer for dinner to which I added some boiled potatoes and a salad. Then I spent the evening catching up on a couple days worth of journal entries. No pics today!

When we turned on the news, we were reminded that it was Veteran's Day in the U.S. We are so removed from all the holidays down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment