There was a cloud cover when we woke up, but the sun poked through and it was bright and clear all day. The walk to the office was much colder than the walk home. It had warmed up considerably, with the temperture to rise every day. It is forecast to be unseasonably warm this week reaching 75 degrees on Saturday. I'll have to see it to believe it!
It was P-day for the Assistants and they were clad in sports clothes to play soccer with the ward youth at 10:00. It is a holiday in Argentina today so school is out. The elders stuck around the office stirring things up so it was hard to concentrate and settle down to business. I didn't do much this morning, just odds and ends to clear a few things up on my desk. I actually like being busy with lots to do because I don't waste as much time. Today there wasn't anything that HAD to be done immediately, so it was hard to get motivated. I do need to prepare my list of supplies that need to be ordered. I'll do that tomorrow and get it sent off to the Distribution Center.
Rich started getting the zone money ready to send out and wrote a check to reimburse his cajachica (small box cash drawer). Elder Paz was here for the first day on the job without Elder Hales and seemed a little happier than he did when he first came. He is probably feeling better about being called back into the office.
Elder Peterson is nervous about the transfer coming up next week. Word from the Assistants is that it is a huge transfer with many people going to the South and lots coming back. That means making plane reservations and they need to be made in the next couple days. Elder Peterson is waiting for the final word from the President as to who will be going and coming, but hasn't received it yet. The flights need to be ordered by tomorrow in order for the seats to be reserved. Aside from those changes, there will be lots of switcheroos up here in this part of the mission too. This is by far his busiest time. Then to top it off he has to take three elders to Immigrations tomorrow, plus take the car with the squeeky brakes in to be fixed. They will give him a loaner car so he won't have to wait for it. I'll say an extra prayer for him tonight.
A few weeks ago they asked if I had any extra English May editions of the Liahona with the conference addresses. I did have a few English ones left and told her I would set one aside, and when we came up their way again I would bring it with me. To it I added the June, July, and August Liahonas in English. She was thrilled! But we haven't had an occasion to be with the seniors lately, and she was anxious to get reading the conference addresses.
We had a nice visit with them, showed them around the office and the adjoining Stake Center, and explained our responsibilities. We haven't had anyone come to see us like that, so we were glad they had a reason.
The Grieves left around 2:00 at the same time the Assistants were leaving in the car to pick the Gulbrandsens up from the airport. Since they were going in the direction of Bonpland, they gave the Grieves a ride back to the area. They came on the train so were grateful for a ride that would get them back much faster.
We left for home before 5:00 and Rich went directly to the Farmacia to get some of his meds. Duh!! It's a holiday and, of course, the place was closed. What were we thinking? But he did go next door to Disco to pick up some fabric softener and some alfahores (yummy Argentine cookies)
We were happy to read an update on the Larson's blog who left Switzerland last Thursday. They are home safe and sound and will be having a reunion at Bear Lake with their family.
Our MTC friends, Blaine and Marylee Jones, who are in the Sierra Leone (Africa) mission are leaving for home tomorrow, two weeks early. Their replacements are there, all trained, and living in their apartment. No place for them now. They are from Gilbert, Arizona. We had fun with them in the MTC.

No comments:
Post a Comment