Monday, March 22, 2010

A New Week - Monday, March 22, 2010

Neither of us had a very good nights sleep -- not because we were too hot, as the nights have cooled off and a breeze from the open window keeps the room nice. But, we were tossing and turning trying to get comfortable. After 8 months since Rich had his torn meniscus fixed, his knee still aches a lot at night. My problem is my right arm that hurts when I lay on my side. I can't find a comfortable position. We are quite the pair with old age creeping in.

At 8:00, President Argyle emailed Elder Kroff to ask if we could be to the office by 8:45 a.m. as Sister Argyle was coming by to pick up the pedidos to take to Zarate. Should we call the elders and ask them to be there at that time to load the van -- or can we do it? The Book of Mormon boxes are heavy, plus one of the bins is loaded down quite a bit, but we decided we could both carry the bin to the car, and we'll use the dolly for the books, then together lift each box into the van. There are only three. That should work.

When I am gathering the supplies and mail for each zone, sometimes I just carry a box or two of the copies of the Book of Mormon to where I need them. The elders scold me when I do and come running to help. Sometimes I hate to bother them as they are so busy doing what they do at their desks.

It was a busy Monday morning. Elder Kroff worked on calling missionaries that hadn't changed over their email accounts to the new carrier, Google. Elder Hales worked on the apartment contracts to make sure we are paying the correct amounts, and Elders Peterson and Coria worked on getting the legal work in order for the temporary residency of the new missionaries. Never a dull moment around our office.

Our 23 boxes of the Book of Mormon came just after lunch time. They were scheduled to come late this afternoon, and that had me worried as if the elders were gone for the day, we would be in a world of hurt. Rich and I could not lift them and get them on the shelf by ourselves. Luckily, all three were there and it was done in no time. They seem to lift those boxes, with 40 books in each, with ease. Oh, to be young and strong again!!

I ordered the flights home for the six North Americans leaving in July. That seems so far away but it is only three and a half months from now, and Salt Lake likes the flights ordered early. Even four or five months isn't too early. We only need to order flights for the Latinos going to countries around Argentina about two months before they are released.

As I was selecting the names I wanted from the list in the computer, it was so odd to see our names as I scrolled down a little ways. September will be here before we know it and we aren't sure how we will feel when that time rolls around. Nor, do we dare think how we will feel when July comes and the Argyles leave. That might be harder than when we leave.

Four o'clock came and the elders were off. I admire them for their dedication and attitude. I know some days they are tired and stressed from the office work, but they hang in there and are faithful servants. They are cuties!

We passed by the dry cleaners that we found a couple weeks ago to pick up a pair of pants. When we asked the gals if we could take their picture, they jumped at the chance. They may think we are weird for asking, but we tell them that our family back in the states want to see what life is like here in Argentina, so we take pictures of where we go and things we do.

It isn't too large space wise, but most businesses aren't. They do laundries and dry cleaning here. Dry cleaning one pair of pants is 14 pesos ($3.50). It is only four blocks from our home. A good find for us!!

We came home to corned beef and cabbage for dinner. Whenever the Doyles in the Switzerland, Geneva mission mention they had corned beef and cabbage for dinner, it reminds me that we love it too and I forget to make it until they mention it. So tonight was the night --Yum!

We skyped brother Jerry to wish him well before his triple by-pass surgery on Wednesday. We will join in the family fast for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment