Today, we made plans again to go on the canal ride. Rich was ready for the day before me so while I put my makeup on and started curling my hair, he continued reading from The Undaunted. I think we are on Chapter 7. However, before we were finished, his cell phone rang. It was President Argyle needing Elder Kroff's help at the office on some matters, and could he come? Rich changed into his missionary clothes and off he went.
I didn't know how long he would be gone, but anticipated that it would be most of the afternoon. There goes attempt number two to take the canal trip. It was very hot and muggy all day, so being inside with air conditioning didn't make me too sad. I took advantage of my energy at the moment and started cleaning the bathroom, plus vacuumed and damp mopped the tile floors.
My main focus today since I would be alone and could have uninterrupted computer time, was to write an email to our daughters and son-in-law to discuss the possibility of them coming to Argentina sometime in the future. They want to come, and we want them to see where we have been and how life is here in Argentina. However, it will most likely be at the conclusion of our mission, since President Argyle prefers it that way. It was a good day to open this topic up for input and discussion. So, I had a quiet day to myself and I needed this time to compose an email with the thoughts and feelings that Rich and I have discussed.
Rich returned after 6:00 and we just had a light dinner of meatloaf sandwiches and chips. No exciting adventures for the journal entry and no pictures to post. It's been an unusual day for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment