Last night was unreal!! The outside temperature was 81 degrees at midnight. Our bedroom traps the heat and the fan blowing on high all night helps move the air around, but doesn't lower the temperature unless the outside air is cooler than inside. We both slept most of the night on top of the sheet, not under it. Tonight is suppose to be the same. Our front room stays so nice and cool with our air conditioner, but the cold air won't travel around the corner to fill the bedroom before we go to bed.
Today, I worked on typing up my notes from the CDE training we had a few weeks ago which related to filling out and entering baptismal registers in the computer. At the Zone Leaders council which is the Friday after transfers, I will go over this information with the leadership in hopes that we will all be on the same page in properly filling out these registers to insure more accuracy. I am excited to provide this training as it will answer some questions that are frequently asked.
I answered a couple medical calls, but really don't know what I did to stretch my work out to fill the hours. I went over to the church to practice my Sacrament hymns, and do remember putting my head back on my chair and resting my eyes when I was left alone in the office and it was quiet. Sometimes I need a cat nap during the day.
Elder Paz and Silvio went up to the Capital to meet with a landlord that is giving them problems. The church's attorney was meeting them there too. One night this week after 9:00 p.m. the landlord knocked on the sister missionary's door and wanted to inspect the apartment because of some things that he had become aware of that needed repaired. They wouldn't let him in because it was late and they can't have men in their apartment. They tried to set up another time for him to come. He became upset and ordered them to leave. They did so and he wouldn't let them back in. They had to spend the night at a member's home. Then, he told Elder Paz that the things wrong with the apartment were the responsibility of the church to fix, not his. Since that isn't the case at all, Elder Paz arranged a meeting with him and invited the attorney. Quickly he could see the error in his thinking (wonder who helped with that) and was going to call President Argyle to apologize for locking the sisters out. The strange thing is that he is a member of the church.
I started this entry after putting the groceries away, but first read the Doyle and Larson blogs. We have been anxiously awaiting the Larsons to update their entries as they were transferred to a new area in Switzerland and have been off line getting internet hookup. They are back up and running now. We hope our friends who arrived in Greece this week will want to share their experiences through a blog site. We'll see. It is such a great way to record this wonderful experience for posterity.
No comments:
Post a Comment