Tuesday, November 23, 2010

More Preparations - Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I'm really getting tired of my clothes. It takes me a long time to try and decide what to put together to make the outfit look a little different. I have wanted to try to find something to buy that looks like a missionary, but just glancing in the store windows hasn't tempted me to look further. There are probably clothes stores for people my age, but I don't have time to find them and to shop for hours at a time. I can't believe I have survived without Christopher and Banks for twenty one months.

I am finally feeling like I am almost ready to start training when the time comes. After calling on a few baptismal records, I continued on with my project of compiling a desk manual of things I do. Behind each instructional page, I am providing copies of the things it talks about. Then, when Sister Schoeny follows the prompts on the computer to do a certain thing, she will know what she is looking for and have an example of how it is to be done. Hope this works!

Rich went to the bank and worked on collecting information from the Zone Leaders to replenish the money they spent this past month.

Silvio came by to get the key to the apartment next to us. He is starting today to get the apartment ready for the Schoenys to use temporarily until they can move into ours. We went over what was needed and he seemed to be on top of everything.

We ate a sandwich at our desks and talked about what we had to do to complete any last minute shopping, or sightseeing before December 8. We really can't take off and do too much next week because of the training we will be doing, so if there is anything we need to do or see it has to be this week. There really isn't anything major left undone, but just because we will be cut off soon, we feel a need to pack more in to our schedule or our suitcases.

The elders went to their district meeting over in the church at 11:30 and came back a couple hours later. Then to combine work with pleasure, we decided to take the train to San Isidro to the OCA postoffice. It is a postal service that delivers mail within Argentina only. It is a faster and more secure way of getting mail delivered than using the regular Argentine correo system. We had a letter regarding the English test that an elder took a couple months ago. He is now at home and we needed to get his results to him.

So, since we had to make the trip to San Isidro, we decided to shop at some speciality shops in the area to find some leather items we wanted, plus anything else we saw along the way. We also needed to stop at the big libreria for some items for the office.

It was a profitable trip and we caught a bus to get home. Since the bus stopped at McDonalds, it was obvious where we would have dinner tonight.

When we walked into our apartment building, here came Silvio off the elevator. He had been working all day in the apartment putting up light fixtures, curtain rods and curtains to the two bedroom windows and the sliding glass door, and he also bought a shower curtain and a small table like they put in all the missionary apartments. They can use the two extra folding chairs that we have in our apartment. Two twin bed mattresses and box springs are sitting on the floor without frames, but they are okay and very comfortable. Now, the place only needs a refrigerator. Things are coming along!

As I was sitting here doing this entry, we got a call asking us to go to Zarate in the morning to pick up three sisters and take them to Bonpland where one of them has some business there. The President didn't want them to take trains and buses to get there as it takes longer than going in a private vehicle. He wanted us to go get them. We are happy to do it, but we will have to get up REALLY early as it takes about an hour and forty five minutes to drive to their apartment. We need to be there by 8:00 a.m. and then drive back to the Capital which is another two hours. I am hurrying with this entry so I can go to bed. We have to leave by 6:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment