Saturday, November 27, 2010

Last date with Javier - Friday, November 26, 2010

Summer is finally here to stay and the humidity is getting uncomfortable. It is going to be a real shocker to go home to cold and snow.

I only had a short time at the office before I left to go to the peluqueria to see Javier for the last time. When I told him I would be going back to the United States in two weeks he asked if it was for a vacation. When I told him we had finished our mission and would be returning home, he was surprised and frowned for a second. When he finished my hair, he got his camera and had his helper take a picture of the two of us. I was disgusted that I didn't have our camera with me.

Javier showed me his copy of the Book of Mormon that the wife of a former mission president had given him. He flipped to a page where there was a card with her name on it and he told me that he always keeps the note where it is because he likes what it says on that page. He said he always keeps it in his shop on a shelf behind his counter. I told him he should read the whole book.

It was about 2:00 when I got back to San Fernando, so I decided I would not go back to the office as I had a lot of things to do at home before the weekend. Silvio was through putting up light fixtures and curtains in the apartment the Schoenys are going to stay in when they come, so we wanted to vacuum up all the dust and then mop the floors, clean the bathroom and get ready for the refrigerator that was being delivered on Saturday. Then I can put some food in the fridge and take some dishes over that they can use.

Before Rich came home to help with the apartment next door, I started getting our apartment ready for entertaining six chicas that were coming for an American breakfast tomorrow. We decided it would be breakfast served at noon. They had never had waffles before so that was what we decided to do.

I ironed some shirts, packed some clothes, and did several small things in preparation for the breakfast, and for our return home. So much to do!!

Rich had a full day at the office and didn't make it home until about 5:30. I probably could have found things to do there too this afternoon, but I am saving some things so Sister Schoeny can have some hands on training next week. I can't believe they will be here on Tuesday. Gulp!

When Rich arrived home, we started on the apartment and did as much as we could. They will only have two folding chairs to sit on and we can relate to that because that is all we had for a couple of months until we inherited the leather couch from the Assistant's apartment. But we will have them over in the evenings so it shouldn't be too bad.

It was great to take a break from our cleaning tonight to talk on skype with Susanne and Thale. Then, just as soon as we finished with them, Melissa and Marianne skyped us from Colorado. They had gone out to a restaurant with friends for Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, so today while Melissa worked, Marianne was cooking a turkey and the works for another dinner at home. We can't believe we will be squeezing those two little boys in just twelve days.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my! Time is going so fast now! It is so exciting to read of your last "this and that!"

    ReplyDelete