Another gorgeous day!! Temperatures in the 70's will feel good again for sure. But, we need to enjoy it while it lasts, as the forecast is for cooler weather next week.
Rich had things to run off for his Sunday School class so he walked on to the office ahead of me to get his lesson in order. I got ready and gathered up the garbage bags to put outside in the baskets. When I looked for my keys they were no where to be found. I hadn't used them at all during the weekend, so I couldn't imagine where they might be. I checked my fleece jacket as that was the last coat I wore. No, not there. I assumed I left them at the office.
I called Rich's cell phone hoping he would still be in the office, and after dialing his number, his phone rang sitting on our table. Oh great! He forgot to take his phone with him. So I had a decision to make. We need keys to get out of the building downstairs and surely someone would be coming or going and I could just exit at the appropriate time. Or I could stay in the apartment until I could get a hold of Rich to come back to get me. I decided to chance finding someone entering or leaving, so I walked out and closed our door behind me.
I went downstairs and waited by the door just knowing someone would be coming soon. It was by then 8:55 a.m. so I knew I would be late to Relief Society. It was an odd feeling knowing I couldn't get outside, nor back into our apartment. I was locked in and locked out! Becoming tired of standing up, I sat on the stairs ready to jump up if I heard the elevator coming, or someone walking down the stairs.
I decided to try the elders and see if they had their phones with them. They could alert Rich that I needed to be rescued. When I reached Elder Peterson he said they were not at the church yet. They were out rounding up investigators. But he called Marco at church who alerted Rich that I needed him. It had only been a half hour until Rich came home. Whew!! And not a sign of any other tennants. It is way too early for some Argentines. They are night people.
We were glad we made arrangements to have one of the cars available for our use to get us to our dinner appointment with the Torres in Tigre. We could have taken the bus, but on Sundays they run fewer than on weekdays, so it may have taken us a while to get there.
President Torre is still the Branch President in Tigre and we have become good friends with his family. His wife, Sandra, is a cutie and has been so good to us. She was the chorister while I was the pianist for Sacrament Meeting. They have a beautiful house and yard -- and a pool. She served the best ravioli that I have eaten since being here. President Torre said he made the sauce. It was soooo good.
We told them we wanted them to meet our girls when they come, so we have arranged a date to stop by their house after we show the girls the canals and sights around Tigre. It should be fun.
Hermana Shaffer and Hermana Romo were invited to dinner too, so it was fun having them with us. The Torres usually feed the sisters every Sunday after church. They are good to the missionaries.
We expressed our thanks and appreciation for the wonderful food and hospitality and drove the sisters back to their apartment. They were getting ready to spend the afternoon and evening doing missionary work.
My evening was already planned out as I had to get the food ready that I was taking to the office tomorrow to feed the elders. The plan to feed them on Saturday fell through due to other commitments that the Assistants had, so I told them I could bring it to work. That's a good plan, but not so good for a Monday because the preparation had to be done on Sunday. I had planned on doing a lot of it on Saturday night after the zoo, but the chicas came and our plans changed. So I made sloppy joes, potato salad, brownies, pudding, and whipped cream for the trifle, and left the fruit salad for Monday morning.
After about three hours, I just got the dishes done and things cleaned up and I was grateful I was through. While putting the container of chocolate pudding in the fridge until morning when I would assemble the trifle, I bumped the container and it dumped pudding all over. I was so discouraged, as now I had another big fat mess to clean up. It required pulling the fridge out from the wall in order to open the door wide enough to get the crisper out for cleaning. Awwwk!! Just what I didn't need! Luckily I had enough pudding without what was spilled.
It was late when I got to the blog, so after some time, I had to give in and go to bed before I had Saturday's updated again. Ohhh, I hate getting behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment