We awoke to find it raining and had not expected it. Rich went immediately to his source which said that it would clear up and the temperature would reach the mid fifties. It didn't really matter because we are inside all day anyway, but we just like to be informed and prepared. It's what old people do, I guess.
The people we pass regularly on the street with our morning greeting of Buen Dia are probably wondering about the two of us -- and maybe not. But lately, we have been leaving at different times, Rich before me. We have walked by ourselves more in the last two weeks than we have walked together. The busy mixed up schedules with our office elders who are going thither and yon for one reason or another make it necessary for Elder Kroff to step in as a companion to one who will be solo if needed. Good thing he is around. Today was one of those days.
Elder Paz had a doctor's appointment and Elder Peterson went with him. So Rich went early to be with Elder Hales. They continued working on refining spreadsheets and attended to all the things that Elder Hales does to make it super organized and easy for Elder Paz to take over. When Elder Paz returned, the two of them got right busy teaching and learning.
Rich is engrossed in writing up his processes as financial secretary and is making a spreadsheet with hyperlinks so his replacement can find what he is looking for in a hurry. It's very high tech, color coordinated, and impressive looking. He's making me look bad, as I am just typing up my instructions in Word where one will have to scroll down to find what they are looking for. These young elders are also computer savvy and will have links to click on to bring up neat stuff. Oh well, what they see is what they get at my desk!
After sending off my order for nametags, I started working on my carpetas again. I had no interruptions and I just kept printing pages and punching holes to put them in the three ring binders. Of the five sections in the book, I had already completed three for all fourteen books. I just had two sections to go for each. And by 4:00 I had ALL of them done. I was so proud of myself!! What a relief to have that behind me and transfers are still two and a half weeks away. I changed things up a bit in putting them together and it seemed to go faster. Why didn't I come up with it 18 months ago?
At lunch time and after Elders Paz and Peterson returned, we decided to take our sandwiches home to eat them. There are workmen over in the church tearing down outside walls and rebuilding them, and for some reason the water has been off for a couple days in the restrooms. We decided taking a break and eating at home was the thing to do today.
We thought of the Zone Leaders Council going on over at the mission home, and hoped it was being well received. I wasn't asked to help Nancy with the food this time, so everything must be under control. That's good!!
We got home at 4:30 and checked out blogs and emails. While Rich had a quick nap on the couch, I checked out the Tooele Transcript site on the computer. I am interested in the obituaries, weddings, missionaries, and main stories. It's fun to catch up on hometown news once in a while.
It's 8:30 and I'm through with this entry -- and I didn't fall asleep while typing. Making progress!
No comments:
Post a Comment