My day started an hour earlier, but Rich slept until our regular get up time of 6:00. Elder Peterson needed to come to our place at 7:00 when Elder Hales left with Elder Lowry to go to the airport to meet the new elder coming in today. I look pretty scarey in the mornings so I had to get showered and ready with makeup and hair done by the time he came. Besides, we were going to feed him breakfast and I needed to be all ready so I could cook french toast and eggs when he got here.
The breakfast was easy, and we all enjoyed some nutrition to sustain us until lunch time. Elder Peterson was impressed that I could cook an over easy egg to perfection. He had two.
Elder Peterson needed to be to the office at 8:30 because a few missionaries were coming to meet him to do another step in their temporary residency, so Elder Kroff went with him. That gave me time to put the finishing touches on my hair, tie up the garbage to take out, plus other odds and ends.
When I arrived at the office at 9:00, I went into the church to retrieve a small table that was used in the leadership training. It came from my supply room. What a surprise I had when I opened the door and saw the cultural hall all decorated up for a wedding. When did they do that??? It was really pretty with the ceiling partially draped as well.
Elders Lowry and Hales returned to the office with Elder Leavitt who is from Colorado Springs. We welcomed him and then Elder Kroff took him in the President's office to give him some training in finances. Elder Hales talked about apartment living and furnished him a pillow and blanket.
I had my work cut out for me today because on Monday, Elder Lowry and new Elder Leavitt are going to take part of their P-day to drive the mail and supplies around to the Zone Leaders. They will, then, arrange how to distribute it to the missionaries in their areas. So, my goal was to sort and box up four zones today. It was a lot of work and organization and I only got three done. We didn't leave the office until around 6:30, and I still have more zones to do. Throughout the week, all the zones will receive their goods. I am used to doing this, but not all at once. I hope I survive it!
While figuring a way to get the President's car here to clean it, gas it up, and load it with some supplies to take to two zones that he will be having interviews with on Tuesday, it dawned on the guys that we didn't have the keys and probably had no way of getting them because Nancy had left for the day. She only works four hours on Friday. They accepted the fact that they would have to go to the mission home on Monday when Nancy was there to get his car, but Elder Peterson called the President anyway to see if the keys were in the house for sure. Yes, the keys are for sure in the house, but find a way to get in anyway because he forgot his laptop which has a powerpoint thing on it that they used for the Meet the President conferences. He needs it for tomorrow's meeting with Rio Gallegos and it needs to be emailed to him. He said to call Nancy and if we can't get her then he thinks there is a window open around the back of the house.
Elder Hales remembered Sister Argyle telling him how they broke into their house when they were without keys. They had Austin climb up on the roof and go to the back of the house and climb through a window. He felt confident he could do it, so off the three of them went. I suggested he change out of his suit to go climbing around on roofs. He complied.
Without a camera in hand to capture the event, Elder Hales made it just fine and indeed a window was open, the bathroom window. It wasn't a large one, but he slithered through and landed on the toilet. Elder Kroff stayed to get the powerpoint sent to the President while the elders came back to attend their district meeting. Then, Rich drove the other car back.
When the elders returned, the Distribution Center was in the driveway to deliver our Book of Mormon order. They quickly helped get them into our foyer then went over to the church to the district meeting.
Rich returned and continued his days work of getting money to the zone leaders' accounts while I finished boxing up supplies.
Usually Friday night is shopping night and McDonalds for us, but we were too tired so we just opted to stay home, get warm, and cook our own hamburger. Tomorrow we will go shopping.
No comments:
Post a Comment