Monday, March 1, 2010

A New Month - Monday, March 1, 2010

Our weather for over a week now has been perfect. A cool morning walk to the office is refreshing, and the temperatures have stayed in the high 70's, with low humidity. It is tolerable and pleasant to say the least.

We each left the house carrying a folding chair with us back to the office. We borrowed three for our dinner with the elders on Saturday. Tomorrow we'll take the third one back. Then, I took the left over fruit salad and an unopened bag of Doritos for the elders to eat with their lunch. Nothing goes to waste when you have starving missionaries around.

On this the week before transfers we always have a meeting with the President to go over the schedule and tweak anything that needs it. He called this morning and told us to go ahead with the meeting without him and he might come by later to approve what we had done. Monday mornings are busy for Elder Coria because he collects data from the assistants regarding the baptisms of the previous week, so we would wait until he was through before we had the meeting.

I worked on miscellaneous things and made sure my carpetas for the new and the packets for the old were complete and ready for the recipients. I am so glad I am not hurrying this week to get either of them done. I couldn't stand the stress.

My order from the Distribution Center came today, so I got busy and unpacked the boxes and put everything on the shelves in preparation for the zone conferences in a couple of weeks. Now that these supplies are here, I am ready for transfers. But all too soon, it will start over again.

We received an email today from the passport and visa area of the Missionary Department saying that one elder schedule to come next week might be delayed due to a "problem with his documents," and the other "may not be assigned to your mission." What??? We understand the document thing, but not the other. Wonder why his mission assignment would be changed at this late date? So we are a little concerned when we will find out for sure what is going on. It will be difficult for the President to match up companionships and place elders around the mission not knowing for sure how many missionaries he has to work with. So the 19 we have coming may be reduced to 17.

Elder Peterson has been a blessing to me in the office because in addition to the big project he worked on last week with the baptismal invitations, he has completed the inventory of my supply room and typed it up so that we can forward it to the Area Offices. I will be forever grateful for his help.

As the afternoon progressed, we were all busy doing our thing, and about 3:00 here came President Argyle. Yikes, we hadn't had the transfer meeting yet!!! Elder Coria quickly printed off the schedule for the two days that he had on his computer and we gathered in a circle to go over the information. The President came out of his office and saw that we were just beginning and didn't seem to mind that we were just getting around to it. He gladly joined us, and it is a good thing he was there because he stream lined some things that have always been done that he thought might be unneccesary. So, we'll see how it works this time and may have to make adjustments down the road.

Right after the meeting, the elders left for the day to go preaching and teaching and we stayed about an hour longer finishing up our work. We came home, had dinner, read blogs and emails and I gave Rich a haircut before I went to work on this entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment