Some mornings when we get up at 6:00, Melissa is still up and at her computer. She and Rich text back and forth on Skype chit chatting about something or nothing. I think she stays up to tell us "Good Morning." He ends by telling her "Good Night." Being the practical person I am, I think she should have been in bed. I lost control long ago.
We hurry along taking showers, reading scriptures, eating breakfast and making a lunch so we can get a couple chapters of The Undaunted read. I am doing my hair in the bathroom and can easily hear Rich read from the couch that is just a few feet away. Oh, today's reading made me anxious for the father and son making their escape from the mining town in England. We have such admiration and respect for writers like Gerald Lund who can put both fact and fiction into a novel and keep one riveted to the story. If I hurry with this entry, he may read some more.
I wasn't thrilled with my work at the office today. I had a lot of missionary calls to make about baptism registers, trying to get the 19 I have left to do into the computer. It seemed to take most of my day and I still have a few left to do. Waiting in the wings is mail to be sorted, and now that the pedidos (supply requests) have started coming in by fax, I have those orders to fill. And, it is time again to box up the mail and supplies for the South and get them on their way. I wish I would have enjoyed my down time more last week. But, I'll get 'er done!
About noon, Sister Argyle called and realized she needed those car keys she gave us last night that had the office key on them. We had her car, and she would have taken the President's car to go shopping for food for the Zone Leader's Council tomorrow, but we had those keys. So we dropped what we were doing and drove to the mission home to give her the keys, and her own car if she needed it. We would just go back to the office on the train. She did need her car, so she drove us back to the office on her way to do mission shopping and errands. We had a nice visit during the 15 minute drive.
Elder Kroff worked on getting a bank deposit ready from the money turned back in from those elders that left yesterday. Then he made a trip to the bank. I don't have to accompany him there anymore like I did when we were new and unfamiliar with the area.
He also received a call from a counselor in the R.S. of the San Fernando ward who said she heard he was teaching English classes, and she was going to announce it in Relief Society Sunday. She said they have a lot of sisters who want to learn English. Oh dear! This may turn out to be bigger than planned. We do hope the President approves. Elder Curtis said he did.
Having three elders in the office makes for a little more confusion, mainly because of the training going on. But, I try to tune everyone out and stay focused on what I am doing. Sometimes, however, my mind wanders to the things that are waiting for me. I need to remember to eat the elephant one bite at a time.
Sister Mansilla, from the San Fernando ward, came by and dropped off some food for the office elders. Boy, were they happy! Now with Sister Bolentini's two meals she prepares for them each week, they had lunches through Friday. Sister Mansilla reminded us that we are invited for Sunday dinner at her place on Feb 7. We remembered and will be there.
As I am writing this entry, Rich is working on his talk for Sacrament meeting -- for Missionary Sunday. I have been preparing my testimony with the things that I can say in Spanish. I hope it comes out making sense.
No comments:
Post a Comment