We had a larger crowd at church today and it surely seemed good. There weren't any visitors, just our own members, and when they all come at once it makes for a nice congregation. It was actually nice to hear the singing for a change. Usually I can only hear the piano which I am playing.
We had a returned missionary bear his testimony and give a few remarks. We don't think he is from our branch -- we missed that in the introduction. Then, a young mother spoke and also a member of the High Council.
Elder Kroff's Sunday School class was filled and he did well as he always does. His lesson was on the Holy Ghost.
We had nineteen sisters in Relief Society and we met in the cultural hall. Lately our small classroom just hasn't been large enough to accommodate those that have been in attendance. We usually have a baby stroller, and things gets rather cramped. Plus, it is so hot. I was grateful for more space to spread out and have some air movement. I felt it was much more comfortable than the small classroom. Hopefully this is our permanent location.
Since I lead the music in Relief Society, I get the hymns ahead of time from the President. The closing song was one which was not familiar to me. I found out that it was just in EspaƱol and not in our English hymn book. After Sacrament meeting ended, I played it a couple times to get used to it. Then, when I stood up to lead it, I told the sisters that I was not familiar with this hymn, that it was not in English, and wasn't in the English hymn book, and that I wanted to learn it, so sing loud. And, I did it all in Spanish. That is the first time I have said more than "How are you" to most of them. They all understood me and were excited that I attempted to speak the language. Now what do I say next week???
We arrived home about 1:00, and our dinner appointment over at the mission home wasn't until 5:00. So for a little lunch to hold us over, I made some creamed tuna on toast. Then we both thought a nap sounded good. Rich stayed on the couch in the air conditioned room, and I opted for the bed with the fan blowing. I couldn't believe I slept for two hours -- must have needed it.
We dressed and called for a remise to take us to Labarden 183 in Acasusso. The Argyles invited us to dinner and to see the pictures of their trip to Ushuaia. Dinner was a sweet and sour chicken served over rice. It was absolutely wonderful!!! She is going to share her recipe with me. We also had tossed salad, and I brought the bread. She said she usually forgets to get bread at the panaderia, so it was a hit. The kids just snarfed it down -- we all did! Then dessert was the only Argentine dessert Sister Argyle said she knows how to make. It is a rich layered delicacy made with cake, peaches, whipped cream, and Dulce de leche. Very tasty!!
What an enjoyable evening of good company, good food, and good entertainment. What more could we ask for? Maybe our grandkids??
No comments:
Post a Comment