Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Holiday Time - Wednesday, Dec. 23, 2009

I just had to catch up on two days worth of entries last night, and I didn't get an early start due to leaving the office around 6:00 and then having to fix dinner for Elder Davis and us. After cleaning up the dishes, our priority was to send off our Christmas letter. So when I finally got to the journal entry, it was late. I was still typing at 1:00 a.m. and Rich came out to see if I was asleep at the computer. I wasn't when he checked, but I think I did have a few cat naps that delayed my finishing earlier. So tonight I am really tired.

I started my day at work trying to locate Dr. Petersen as I had four calls from elders with health concerns. He has been out of the area visiting some other missions and I couldn't get through to him. Luckily, they were not life threatening matters.

Of the twenty plus baptisms I had to enter, I did thirteen of them this morning. I will finish the rest tomorrow. Then I packed up the supplies and mail for the Liniers zone conference which is tomorrow. Yes, there is one on Christmas Eve. The work must go forward.

Last week I boxed up the Christmas packages for the south and got them sent off. Now, I have to get their supplies boxed up and labeled and sent off. The Zone Conferences in the South start on Jan 4. I hope to get them finished tomorrow and the appointment made for the carrier service to come get them.

Silvio Bolentini comes in the office to coordinate with Elder Paz what apartments need attention and who is moving here and there. His wife feeds the elders on Wedsnesdays and Thursdays, so today he brought the food to them. Elder Kroff asked him if he was feeding the whole ward. His wife, Gabriela, often brings us something. Today it was chicken. It will taste good for lunch tomorrow. He also brought a box filled with sweet breads, candy, and bottles of sparkling cider/juice. It is a gift for all of us in the office. They are so thoughtful!! Silvio is on the high council and is a very active member of the church.

Rich and Elder Coria continued to work on the Christmas day phone call problem. They emailed all the parents with new information regarding how to reach their missionary. Rich also gave them his personal email address so that if, on Christmas day, they are having problems in calling, they can email him. He can call them on skype with his iPhone which only costs 2 cents a minute to help them resolve their problem. Hopefully, no parent will be disappointed on Christmas with a failed attempt in reaching their son or daughter.

Elder Davis came home with us until 7:00 when a ward member came to get him and drive him to meet up with his companions for a teaching appointment. He wants to get back out doing missionary work, but can't walk the distances required. Tomorrow he goes back to the doctor for a follow up appointment. Each day, however, he gets a little stronger.

We can't believe that tomorrow is La Noche Buena (the good night) which is Christmas Eve. It is certainly going to be a different one for us. However, we are invited to dinner at our Branch President's home along with the sister missionaries, so that should be enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment