Thursday, December 17, 2009

Another One Leaves - Thursday, Dec. 17, 2009

We slept pretty comfortably last night after Rich got our bedroom cooled down several degrees. If the temperature is cooler outside than inside, we have a fan turned so it sucks in the cool air. If it is hot outside, then we just have the fan blowing in the room to stir up the air and cool us off. So far, either way has worked.

I felt totally unorganized this morning. I couldn't get on a roll in accomplishing anything. When I would start one thing, then a phone call would come or I would remember something that needed my attention. It was most frustrating.

Several elders were already at the office when we arrived because some had to go to the Capital to complete a step in obtaining their residency. The companions that were left behind to wait for them congregated in the cultural hall of the chapel to study (probably talked more than studied) Anyway, some were in and out asking questions until the suggestion was made that they take some pamphlets and go out contacting people on the street. Good idea!

We always seem to take pictures of the elders that pass through the office. Putting a name to them will help us in the future remember who they are. This group contains Elders Razgo and Paz on the ground, with a backdrop of Elders Moeller, Southern, Ravanales, Martinez, Howard, and Peinado. We love talking to them, but sometimes it causes a real disruption in our office work.

Elder Coria told us first thing this morning that he and Elder Paz had an appointment with an investigator later this afternoon after office hours and could we stay with Elder Curtis until the remise comes to pick him up for the airport. Sure, would love to.

I decided the stack of baptisms to enter was causing me the most stress, so I focused on them until I completed sixteen. I have to call on a few problem ones tomorrow. Rich worked with Elder Paz on rents to be paid. After Elder Curtis returned from doing errands with Elder Coria, I had him do a small project I needed done for the Zone Leaders Council tomorrow.

Elder Jordan Curtis poses with us in the office.

We worked until 6:00 and then walked to McDonald's to treat Elder Curtis to dinner. It was fun to get to know him as he has served in areas far away from our office, so we didn't get to see him very often. He is from Perry, Utah and has a twin brother serving in Paraguay. Their release dates were one day apart, so several months ago their mother wrote and asked if arrangements could be made to have the brothers fly home together. President Argyle gave permission for our Elder Curtis' flight to be changed to one day later. Missionaries from Paraguay have to fly into Buenos Aires to get a transcontinental flight to the states, so the brothers would meet at the airport and board the plane together. I'll bet that was a fun reunion, and their parents probably won't sleep a wink tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment